02/06/2010

How Very Fucking Dare They?!

The sun is shining, my lunch is in the oven, I'm watching America's Next Top Model and drinking a glass of chocolate milk, this could be the best day ever. Wait, no, no it's not, not after I just saw this blog by the wonderful Stuart Heritage.

First things first, Grease is my favourite film of all time. It may not be as cool to like as, say something by Scorsese or Tarantino, but Grease is the first film I memorised, fell in love with and repeated watched until the Betamax tape snapped (true story). I still feel like it was made for me and I will fight to the death for Grease, so you can understand why this offends me.

Some God awful sing along Grease DVD is being released and because everyone is so PC now, the cigarette has been removed (see above) and lyrics have been changed. True, as a child I probably sang about chicks creaming and "pussy wagons" but the reason my parents didn't care is because I was a child! There's no need to change it. Fuck this pisses me off. Leave the classics alone will you.

P.S. What kind of self-respecting Grease fan needs a sing-a-long anyway? I learnt that shit by heart the natural way, by watching it until my Dad blew his brains out. (not really).