15/07/2010

One Man, One Speech, One Incredible Suit...

Although I've been at this journalism stuff for years, I'm pretty new to this blogging lark. Yes, I did loads for Little White Lies when I was the online editor but it's something quite different to try and coax people to read whatever you churn out when there are millions of already established sites about. But after a few months I will say my fellow (better) bloggers are throughly lovely folk. With the wonderous world of Twitter there are plenty of opportunities to chat to everyone who natters on about the same crap as you and recently, I've met and gone beveraging with some of them. One of my favourite blogger friends, Mr Incredible Suit will be missing tomorrow's screening of Knight & Day because he's busy delivering a best man speech at a wedding. Being that everything in my life relates to film, I started wondering about my favourite best man speeches in film. Turns out there aren't too many, but here are my pointers for Mr Incredible Suit to follow...

1) Don't allude to naked people jumping out of your bathroom. (Luke Wilson, Old School)

2) Don't bumble and talk about past speeches you gave at weddings. Especially when that couple are now divorced. (Hugh Grant, Four Weddings and a Funeral)

3) Do not get drunk and unload your father issues. It isn't about you, it's about them. (Steve Buscemi, The Wedding Singer)

Good luck Sir...