27/07/2010

You Sunk My Battleship

So, Rihanna is going to star alongside Alexander Skarsgård (hot) and Taylor Kitsch (hotter) in the movie adaptation of Battleship. I've never played Battleship because I had a Sega Megadrive but I'm guessing this won't be 2012's Inception. On another note, why does every damn singer think they can act? I don't mind Rihanna too much but she can barely hold a note and I have no idea how her Baijan/American accent will sound on screen. Then again she does have plenty of acting experience. She was in Bring It On: All Or Nothing. Ahem.

Hmm, singer turned actresses, let's see how they usually fare.

Barbra Streisand - Yes
Bette Midler - Hmm, not my favourite but I can't hate on such a DEVAH.

Cher - FUCK YES. Moonstruck and Mermaids are two of my all time favourites.

Tina Turner - She still wears this outfit. At 70. What a gal.

Whitney Houston - She may be as incoherent as the local crackhead who roams down Coldharbour Lane but we'll always have The Bodyguard. We'll always have The Bodyguard.

Madonna - Hmm, a toughie. Desperately Seeking Susan & A League of Their Own - YES. Dick Tracy, Who's That Girl, Body Of Evidence - FUCK NO. Evita - Meh.

Britney Spears - Bloody hell

All Saints - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mariah Carey - Sweet zombie jesus

Beyonce - Generally no but I did like her as Etta James. However, that was erased when she decided to sing 'At Last' all the time for a year. No.

Rihanna has a lot to prove but I'm sure the producers will just cheat and fling her in a catsuit so nobody notices how bad she is. Only time will tell.