12/10/2010

Despicable Me

What's this? An animated feature not from Pixar, DreamWorks or Disney Classic. I never thought I'd see the day...

Despicable Me is Universal's first CGI feature that was animated entirely in France. Naturally it has loads of recognisable names (Steve Carell, Russell Brand, Jason Segel, Julie Andrews, Will Arnett) even if they didn't just stick to their natural accents. It's about a supervillian who hatches a scheme after someone nabs his evil crown. The scheme involves 3 little girls and surprise, surprise, he loses his evil side and learns to love them.

It may be obvious but it's also quite sweet and fun if slightly forgettable. One thing that has stuck with a lot of people is a certain line uttered by one of the girls...

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!! 

I'm not ashamed to say that I've been hounding the PR for some toys and I will get some dammit! I'd also like to mention the score which was composed Han Zimmer, Pharrell Williams and Heitor Pereira. That's right, Pharrell and Han have finally made sweet music together and I must say, it's pretty damn good and completely fit the film.