17/11/2010

FUN FACTS: The Vincent Cassel Edition

To celebrate the release of Adrift (full review is here but SPOILER ALERT: I liked it more than most) I thought I'd share some interesting tidbits about it's star, Vincent Cassel. I should point out that I came across these facts while researching him prior to an interview and I'm not unnaturally obsessed with him as I am with, say, Chris Evans. That's a level of worrying infatuation that most can't match. Moving on...

1) His dad was a famous actor

Usually we assume that the careers of those who have famous parents only have it because of nepotism and luck. I don't think that applies to Vincent but his father was a very famous leading man in his day. He's probably most remembered for starring in Luis Buñuel's The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972), and Claude Chabrol's truly ace Hitchcockian classic La Rupture (1970) but most may remember him from 2007's The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

2) He was in those Renault adverts


Oh how I miss the 90s.

3) He went to circus school

I have no idea what image to use with this but I think you'll agree that this is an awesome fact. Come on, CIRCUS SCHOOL!

4) He's really into capoeira


Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian art form that combines dance, martial arts and music. I've seen it live and it's pretty awesome, not as awesome as the fact that Vincent went to Brazil over 20 years ago to learn it and has since become quite good. The laser scene is without doubt the best and only tolerable moment in Ocean's 12 (apart from seeing Brad and George in an Arsenal tracksuit), so enjoy.

5) He can touch Monica Bellucci whenever he wants

 If that doesn't make him the happiest man on Earth, I don't know what will.