05/04/2011

Two Amazing Things Coming To A Picturehouse Near You

Well would you looky here, those wonderful folks at Picturehouse cinemas have arranged some events so awesome I've come out of blogging semi-retirement to tell you all about it.

Firstly, you should be well aware of the Picturehouse Podcast which amazingly manages to be informative despite having seen none of the week's releases, how do they do it?! Anywho, the podcast is a year old and to celebrate, Sam and Simon will be hosting an evening of fun filled foolishness featuring prizes and a live podcast recording before screening one of their favourite films, The Big Lebowski, for a packed audience of their friends and family biggest fans. And when I say 'packed', I absolutely mean 'it will be packed once you grab a ticket here'. I'd also like to point out that if I get my way, The Dude's favourite cocktail will be a-flowin' all night.

But before that happens the Gate Picturehouse in Notting Hill will be presenting a double bill of Stanley Kubrick's Boxes followed by Full Metal Jacket and if that doesn't significantly moisten your tightey whiteys, Jon Ronson will be there taking questions from Picturehouse podcaster Sam and the audience. I'm the last person to encourage anyone to go to north London, but you should definitely get to this instead of spending your Friday night watching the new series of Have I Got News For You. That's what iPlayer is for, idiot.