02/03/2012

This Means War


After the kindaOKbutsortofboring Terminator Salvation, McG has gone back to his GLORIOUS roots with this ridiculous and embarrassingly entertaining rom-com-action flick that really doesn't deserve to be as alright as it is. Since the genre it resides in is so mind-numbingly shit, This Means War practically surpasses every rom-com in recent memory simply because I laughed a couple times and it didn't make me want to claw my eyes out with a tampon applicator. Yes, Reese Witherspoon has added her name to that illustrious list of actresses who've portrayed women so fucking dumb they don't know they're dating a spy and yes, an actor of Tom Hardy's calibre really has no business demeaning himself with a role that demands he does little more than smile and look angry, but fuck it, I enjoyed myself.

Ya heard me.