11/01/2013

One of the Magic Mike extras got a little excited when she got close to Matthew McConaughey's bum


Just when I thought we had heard the last of the stories from the Magic Mike set, this gem pops up. Stephen Soderbergh presented Matthew McConaughey with his best supporting actor nod at The New York City Film Circle Awards for both Magic Mike and Bernie and delighted the audience with the kind of tidbit you'd never hear at the Oscars. And that is why it's so boring. Here's what he said (to Vanity Fair via HuffPo):

"While we were shooting Matthew's script sequence, one very impassioned woman extra pulled his G-string off and tried to stick her finger up his butt. And when I remembered that, I thought, you know, where I come from, you stand up for a guy who brings that kind of game to your movie."

Wow. When Vanity Fair asked McConaughey about the surprise prostate exam he brushed it off and said this:

"I don't think she was trying to stick her finger up my butt. She was trying to put it somewhere, though, and you got it on film. It worked out.

Yeah...somewhere. I originally found this hilarious until I remembered that if the roles were reversed and a male extra did this to an actress we'd all be screaming rape and protesting in the streets, so I won't mentally high-five this opportunistic woman. Poor Matthew, not only has he had to starve himself for a film but he can't even do the splits in the a leather thong without some horny lady fingering him. This world...